Ramblings of Newleywed

February 3, 2013

It was about time I started another blog. If you previously read my last one, Scooter's Cupcakes, I greatly appreciate you continuing to follow me. Here's a quick update on my cupcake life: I ran out of free time to run a special order cupcake business. Business was good. In fact, it was too busy for me to keep up with. Senior year of college got in the way and then our wedding happened! That chapter of my life isn't closed, I just had to put it on hold until I find more time.

Now my husband and I are working on starting out lives together and getting into the swing of married life. Nothing is more awesome and challenging than living with your best friend. We got married New Years Eve of 2012. Since we've just barely passed the one month mark, I figured I'd share three things I've learned so far:
1. Some things just need to be let go and forgotten. Not everything is life or death. Some battles just do not need to be fought. Example: Clothes not making it into the dirty clothes hamper.
2. Nothing is more valuable than time spent together. I work full-time and Jonathan is a full-time student, we are busy to say the least. At the end of the day, the best thing we can do for each other is to make sure we have time to hang out.
3. Little things can make a big difference. The other day I came home for lunch and Jonathan was still at school. I had left before him that morning. I walked into our bedroom and saw he had made the bed. This was a big deal for me. Completely turned my day around.

Life is wonderful. Except I have a little bit of the CrossFit blues today. I'm extremely sore from yesterday's WOD. I always think partner WODs will be somewhat of a break. Wrong. These are deceptively difficult. You think: 50 burpees, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 air squats. Divide that in half between myself and my partner, not so bad. You get a break while they are doing half of the work and you'll have time to recover. Wrong. While you're partner is doing their half of the work you're muscles are having time to scream at you until you've got to do your half. And you don't want to let your partner down so you push to do everything unbroken. I'm not sure why my abs are sore from that WOD but they are. End complaining.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday! We're helping host a party at our good friend's house. I'm going to be Healthy Hannah at this party and bring Paleo treats. Our box is currently in a Paleo Challenge that I'm helping run. Week 1 is consisting of a sugar detox for our challengers. I'm bringing brownies and peppermint patty bars to this Super Bowl Party. Clearly not adhering to the sugar detox today. But I am so proud of our members who are! I didn't want to get too hippie for this party or else people might give me funny looks. But they're probably do that anyways when they realize my brownies aren't the gluten filled, sugar loaded, processed brownies they're used to eating. These are a million times better. You should make them next time you're craving brownies. As far as the peppermint patty bars go...I'm not really to sure about them yet. I haven't tried them. I'll let you know how they turn out.


One of my favorite shots from our reception :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment