Recipe Wednesday | Honey Sesame Crock-pot Chicken

February 20, 2013

So last night I learned the difference between learning to work through the pain and learning to stop mid-WOD and walk away. I hurt my wrist Monday and decided to go to the box last night and attempt death by power cleans. By round 5, I was crying. Yep, shouldn’t have gone to CrossFit. (Jonathan, if you read this, you were right.)

Today I was wise and took the day off from CrossFit. I transferred my batch brew of kombucha into a continuous brew system. By having a continuous brew system it is safer because you don’t have to clean the jar and remove the SCOBY each time you start a new batch. It is also easier because when you harvest your bucha, all you do is remove the cotton cover and add more tea to replenish. You can also harvest your bucha once a week after you get your first batch tasting how you want it too. Pretty awesome in my opinion.

Today’s recipe is one of my favorites. I make this for us at least twice a month. Mostly because it is a crock-pot meal and it has never turned out bad. Bonus points because it’s paleo too. I work late twice a week at work. So two nights I don’t get home until 10 pm. These are the nights that I make crock pot meals because when my DH (DH = darling husband, remember?) gets home he has the option to go ahead and eat without me or wait until I get home and I’ll scoop some onto a plate. He usually waits until I get home because I scoop things onto plates better. I originally found this recipe on Pinterest but I modified it to make it paleo. Because that’s what happens in our house.

Crock-pot Honey Sesame Chicken:
1 lbs chicken thighs, chopped into bite sized pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup honey
½ cup coconut aminos
¼ cup ketchup
2 tbs olive oil
½ cup diced yellow onion
2 cloves minced garlic
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Sesame seeds
 
Instructions: Place the chicken thighs into your crock pot. Mix everything else but the sesame seeds in a bowl and pour over chicken. Place on low for 3 ½ hours. Serve with sesame seeds sprinkled on top and over cauliflower rice. Yum.

I made this meal for us last night but unfortunately we ate it so quickly I forgot to take a picture for y’all. Oops. Maybe I’ll update this when I make it again and post the picture. That is, if we don’t eat it like it's our first meal in a year. 

No comments :

Post a Comment