13.1 & My Pity Party

March 9, 2013


Some days you just have to throw yourself a 5 minute pity party.

Yesterday I did just that. Except it lasted longer than 5 minutes, and my husband told me he would not be partying along side of me. So, the party ended.

I didn’t do as well in the Open 13.1 workout as I wanted too. In fact, I was one stinkin’ rep short of what I wanted. All I wanted was 1 snatch at 75 pounds. I was so exhausted from 40 burpees, 30 snatches at #45, and then 30 more burpees. I could not get even 1 snatch at #75. I was practically pulling up to my chin but I could just not drop down to catch it. Ugh.

I’ve snatched more than #75 several times. So why couldn’t I do 1 during the wod?

Then I got in my car and felt the ultimate feeling of defeat. And I cried.

Then my next knee jerk reaction was to turn to Scripture. Romans 8:31 “What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?” Bam.

Does it ultimately matter that I was one rep short of my goal? No. This is a temporary thing that I let beat me up. If there’s CrossFit in heaven (let’s be honest, we know it is God’s favorite sport) then I’ll be able to snatch #75 all day long.

Isaiah 41:10 says “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.” Okay, so even though I felt defeated, God is still with me. As a Christian, I’m still going to win in the end.
 

There are a lot of people in this world who can even do CrossFit for several reasons. I’ve gotta be more thankful I can compete in the Open or even attend CrossFit on a daily basis.

No matter how poorly I preform. I am out there doing it and for that, I am thankful and blessed.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment