Big Announcement!

May 5, 2013

I have a big announcement.

Really big. 

Are you ready? 

I officially turned in my notice at work. My last day will be May 24th and we will be moving to Colorado the following weekend. We are excited and sad at the same time.  As much as Jonathan and I love Lynchburg and love our friends here, we have better opportunities and really feel the Lord is calling us out there. 

Here’s some FAQ’s I’ve been receiving lately:
Q: Where will you be working?
A: Part-time with our church out there (Finally using my degree! Aren’t you happy Dad?) and hopefully finding a full-time job at another university doing something similar to what I’m doing now. 

Q: What is your husband going to do?
A: He’s going to be working for a hospital as a respiratory therapist and with his dad, whose also a respiratory therapist. 

Q: Where are you going to live?
A: With my awesome in-laws until we find our perfect homestead. We’re anticipating buying a house by the end of the year. I think I’ve convinced Jonathan to let me have a few chickens. And eventually a playground for the future tiny humans we want to have (way way in the future. Don’t get too excited. No paleo babies just yet.) 

I went and visited my parents this past weekend. It was a great, great, visit. It was probably my last time I'll visit their house before we move to Colorado. I definitely shed some tears when I pulled out of their driveway today to head back down to Lynchburg. This move is a huge change for me. My entire life I’ve lived on the East Coast; and never more than 4 hours away from my parents. I know leaving Lynchburg will be hard, but we know this is the right time to do it. Lynchburg tends to be a town that traps people. I know a lot of people who know they should leave and move on to better opportunities, but they don’t do it. We don’t want to be those people. God is giving us awesome opportunities and we are going to seize them. 

Mom :-)
And Dad

We even made a visit to Lala's house! My 90 year old grandmother is just wonderful.

“I will instruct you and show you the way to go; with My eye on you, I will give counsel” Psalm 32:8

Also, I forgot to mention, Jonathan graduates college in 1 week WITH HONORS. I could not be more proud of him and his hard work he poured into getting his degree. Proud wife right here. 

If you can recall my last post, I posted a recipe for Paleo Apple Pie Granola. My dear friend Lindsay informed me that my blog post made it sound unappetizing. Just because I burnt this one batch does not mean it is unappetizing. I promise you it’s wonderful. (And I did realize the reason I burnt it. But my recipe post will not lead you astray.) So, give the recipe a second read and go make some granola. You will not be disappointed. 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment