Copycat Fuzzy's Shrimp Tacos

May 6, 2014



Last week was weirdly busy. Busy enough that I didn’t have time to write. But this week seems to be back to my normal speed of life, which is awesome. If you’re wondering how our dining room is coming along…I literally made zero progress from last week. And that’s okay. I’ll post this week as my final One Room Challenge post – permitted that something special arrives in the mail before Thursday. My fingers are crossed. 

However, I did plant a garden this week. It was probably the simplest project I have done so far. I screwed some pine boards together, filled with organic garden soil, and planted the seeds according to package directions. Super simple. I can't wait to have fresh, organic, fruits and veggies to incorporate into my recipes. I already have some little sprouts popping up.

So yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. My husband had to work so I had my own little celebration by myself.
I was in the mood for tacos last night, probably along with most of America who celebrates this Mexican holiday. One of our favorite taco shops is about 2 miles from our house. They serve the best shrimp tacos. Seriously, if y’all have a Fuzzy’s close by, go. Right now. Get up and go get yourself a shrimp taco. But, I knew that Fuzzy's would have a super long line. They pretty much always do, but I knew it would be bad last night.

So, I set out to make a copycat of their shrimp tacos. I think these turned out pretty dang good. The tacos are not your ordinary tacos because they've got feta, slaw mix, and garlic sauce on them. An usual flavor combination but it is so good.

Shrimp Tacos 

Ingredients:
24 jumbo shrimp, uncooked, peeled, deveined, no tail
1 bag dry coleslaw mix
1 cup feta cheese
6 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup mayo

Method:
To make the sauce: use a small sauce pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat. Add garlic cloves and sauté until golden. Remove from heat and whisk in salt, garlic powder, and mayo. Set aside.

Using a grill pan or large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until pink.

Wrap corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds before assembling tacos. Then, layer each corn tortilla with slaw mix, thin layer of garlic sauce, 4 shrimp, and a sprinkle of feta cheese.






linking up with Tip Junkie for this awesome post

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for linking up to the Tip Me Tuesday linky party! {knuckle bumps} Did you know that I can "lend" your blog posts my Google page rank for better search engine traffic? {fabulous} If you upload at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL into your Tip Junkie craft room, you'll be in business! {wink} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}

    ReplyDelete